|Home About EPP Database Browse Database  Search Database Contact Us|
Database of Environmental Information for Products and Services
About the EPP Database
EPA launched the EPP Database in 1999 in response to customer demand for a one-stop shop for environmental information on products and services the federal government buys.
How to Use the Database
The database is organized like a shopping mall with a selection of "stores." Review the list of stores here. Each "store" is organized into "aisles" (product categories) that group similar types of products and services.
The database can be navigated in two ways:
- SEARCH the database by "aisle" (product/service category) or by product (keyword). This option is best for searches with specific products in mind.
- BROWSE the "stores" in the database. Browsing is best for exploring the database with your organization's broader needs in mind.
Both options can be accessed using the navigation tabs located across the top of the pages on this site.
When you go to an “aisle” (product category) page you can review four types of information:
- Contract language, specifications, and policies
- Environmental standards and guidelines
- Product vendors and service providers
- Other useful sources of information
PLEASE NOTE: We do not have complete information in some product categories. For example, while we might have vendor lists for a product category, we might not have sample contract language. We recommend checking all four information links on each product page to conduct a thorough search.