Implementation Guidance For The Arsenic Rule: Drinking Water Regulations For Arsenic And Clarifications To Compliance And New Source Contaminants Monitoring.
The purpose of this guidance manual is to provide assistance to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, State, and public water system staff for the implementation of the Arsenic and Clarifications to Compliance and New Source Contaminants Monitoring rue published in the Federal Register on January 22, 2001 (66 FR 6976). Developed through a public comment process involving EPA Regions, States, and Stakeholders, this manual is organized as follows:
- Section I summarizes the Arsenic and Clarifications to Compliance and New Source Contaminants Monitoring Rule and presents a timeline of important dates.
- Section II addresses compliance determination and associated reporting requirements, including violation tables to assist States in their compliance activities.
- Section III covers State Primacy Revision Requirements, including a time frame for application review and approval. This section also contains guidance and references to help States adopt new special primacy requirements included in this Rule.
- Section IV provides information about where to find additional technical information on the Rule.
- The appendices of this document provide information that will be useful to States and EPA Regions in the primacy revision application process and in implementation of the Arsenic Rule.
|Office of Water|
|Office of Drinking Water|
|Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water|