Acid Deposition Standard Feasibility Study Report To Congress.
This report to Congress addresses the following subjects:
- Identification of sensitive and critically sensitive aquatic and terrestrial resources in the U.S. and Canada which may be affected by the deposition of acidic compounds;
- Description and specification of a numeric value for an acid deposition standard sufficient to protect such resources;
- Description of the use of such standard or standards in other Nations or by any of the several States in acidic deposition control programs;
- Description of measures that would be needed to integrate such standard or standards with the control program required by Title IV of the Clean Air Act;
- Description of the state of knowledge with respect to source-receptor relationships necessary to develop a control program on such standard or standards and additional research that is on-going or would be needed to make such a control program feasible;
- Description of impediments to implementation of such control program and the cost-effectiveness of deposition standards compared to other control strategies including ambient air quality standards, new source performance standards and the requirements of Title IV of the Clean Air Act.
|Office of Air and Radiation|
|Office of Atmospheric Programs|
|Acid Rain Division|
Economic Impact Assessment
|Cadmus Group, Inc.|